Saturday, December 26, 2009

Post-Christmas Blues

We really could have done without Andrew Sullivan's most Depressing Christmas songs yesterday.

I got my holiday e-mail from the RNC and it didn't mention Christmas. Intend to forward to Fox News for their file about the War Against Christmas.

Read Robert Stone's collection of short stories yesterday Fun with Problems. Fine writing as always but every story was a bummer--thanks Bob.

One of my favorites The Young Turks seem to be going down the toilet with their embrace of Jane Hamisher and her loony alliance with Grover Norquist.

My brother-in-law gave my Sarah Palin's Going Rogue. Only interesting section was her description of negotiating with ExxonMobil and her take on oil companies. The rest you have to pass through a lie detector.

We'll see if Dick Cheney re-emerges to talk about the aborted terrorist plot in Detroit. Seems our latest Al Qaeda wannabe was a son of a Nigerian banker and had received visas to the U.S. under the previous Cheney Administration. The would-be bomber was on our terrorist watch list but not on our Don't Fly List--the same with all the 9-11 attackers. I guess some things aren't fixed and the airline industry will have to go more totalitarian in the next year.

There now exists a right-center-left consensus in the States that the Iranian regime sucks. The same applies in Iran itself. Let's hope this year will see the Iranian people free.

Missing my trip to New Jersey to visit my sister and pick up a Jersey Mike's sub. That is a bummer.

My Christmas present to myself was a real beret--we know it's real because it's made in Basque country. I guess the French don't make berets anymore.

As I've reminded our security mavens, the center of gravity against Al Qaeda will move to Yemen--and it has.

I now find the leftwingblogosphere has become almost as unreadable as the rightwing blogosphere. I'm sorry this happened. Now I have nothing to read. For a while, there was life on the left in terms of domestic policy issues. Now that they have resorted to the whole capitalist system is corrupt--it is--and our political system is also--which it has been, I guess the debate is closed. I guess the rest of us will have to contend with incremental improvements. I am sorry to see them go in this direction. There appeared there was senitient life there for a while.

As we wrap up this decade, all I can say--Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish. The Zeros lived up to their no name. Let's hope our writers will begin a new renaissance. Remember: All good writers go to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment