Friday, October 25, 2013

Jesus I'm A Sinner

++ I don't know whether you should refer to a young artist as young anymore if his or her skills already rank with the best of them. Daniel Bachman's new album on the Tompkins Square label, Jesus I'm A Sinner, is now available on Amazon and is selling out fast. 

++Daniel is now on tour in Europe to earn some much needed bread to return to the States to record another album. The audiences are lucky because Daniel gives me the pleasure John Fahey used to in the olden days.

++Daniel is accompanied Charlie Devine on banjo and Sally Anne Morgan on the fiddle. If you enjoy great acoustic guitar in the style John Fahey used to call "American Primitive", you'll enjoy Daniel's album, which is anything but primitive. 

++And don't forget to catch him when he tours the States. I missed him the last time he was in D.C. It's always nice to see him but I would like listening to him live more. He'll be coming around sometime within a year. 

++I hope he releases some of his overseas concerts on disc to capture his live performances. They are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment