Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Happy 65th to Me! Yippee.

++Clayton Kershaw clinched the Dodgers Western Division championship. So what better birthday gift.

++I received e-mail greetings from all my insurance providers since they know when I will die. Zipcar also sent me greetings.

++My actual birthday gift is the new biography of Agnes Martin,one of my favorite persons and painters. 
I hold back on reading about her schizophrenia and bipolar depression til another day.

++I watched three episodes of Kurt Wallender, Henning Menkill's creation. The problem was that Kurt now had been diagnosed with alzheimer's. Despite his memory lapses and being disoriented, his instincts remained right and he nails the culprits. Still I could do without reminders.

++Had a funny conversation today with one of the most conservative Republican women I know. She said the Republicans have all gone crazy and she mentioned how awful the Planned Parenthood hearings were. "What are we going to argue about birth control now?" She went off on a critique of every Republican candidate. She tends to like TRUMP because we all know he is a blowhard but he's not mean like the others. She won't vote for Hillary because she's a liar. Carsons "must be drugged", a theme that actually has great currency on the internet. "We had Pope Francis for that lovely moment,and what happens next--The House turns to shit." An unhappy Republican.

No comments:

Post a Comment