Sunday, May 24, 2015

Congratulations to Us

++Today marks my wife's and mine 35th wedding anniversary. Adding the previous nine years we were together, that's 8 and 1/2 times the length of the average American marriage. That must mean something.

++We say we married another person who had the same level of depression. Ironically this milestone comes during the hardest year we have experienced. I thought it would get easier but life plays its tricks. As long as Ann remains married to me she can't testify against me in a court of law, on charges the NSA might bring up. And she isn't an accomplice so they can't get her to plea bargain.She knows I have supported terrorism on occasion or as currently defined here in the United States but then again that could mean anything and you never know what the State can conjure up. But she also knows I have never supported Torture like many who still remain in positions of power. So I guess the scale tilts in my favor.

++And what do old lovers do to celebrate--what else,go to the baseball game. The Nationals beat the Phillies and actually played like they were a team for a change.

++Interesting we made it so long but both families have a tradition of  long,lasting marriages.  The trick was getting sorted out before the marriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment