Thursday, June 30, 2016

"We're DOOMED."

++Dear politician, we have not bonded so intimately that such an appeal would make me pull out my wallet. Why if your side is going to win the election,you keep telling me all efforts to raise money is failing and the overside has tons more to spend? And then you tell me you are the number one targeted member of congress and I don't even know where you come from or recognize your name. It seems you need a new appeal.

++I have received more than 100 solicitations from politicians in the last 48 hours. Of course,the most effective are from Elizabeth Warren saying she is all in on these four names and says what will happen if they win. The entire administration has weighed in and Organizing for America fund-raises on specific issues. But these others are amazing. I'm a loser so give to me and feel like a loser too.

++I also got solicitations from my college and graduate school. Now why tell me you need 200 more from my class to reach your goal. It's not my goal. The number indicates you aren't doing well and what happens if you meet your goal--Does the school get a new building?  Or one from Harvard,we need X number people within the next 28 hours? Why? As long as I contribute this tax year,that should be cool?

++I know there is a big business to solicit funds but I guess I'm missing something about why so many turn me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment