Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What I Expect From The Republican Congress

++I expect the Senate to pass the Ryan budget through reconciliation. I expect we will hear from Paul Krugman on this.

++I expect the Senate to approve the Keystone XL Pipeline. I also expect President Obama to sign it because of our Canadian relations and their involvement in the Middle East against ISIS.

++I expect the Senate will first repeal Obamacare. When rebuffed,they will strip out the employer mandates,and the risk corridors for insurance companies, and repeal the medical device tax. The latter is wanted by all of one company that has been lobbying Congress for the past several years.

++I expect cuts in the corporate tax rate.

++I expect the Senate to create a committee to investigate Obama's abuse of power.

++I expect an effort to repeal the Consumer Protection Agency.

++I expect one last effort to eviscerate the Dodd-Franks legislation regulating Wall Street.

++I expect some additional tax credits to help companies who are tracking because the prices of oil and gas have dipped.

++I expect a full-scale assault on the EPA.

++I do not expect an assault on Social Security and Medicare because that is now the GOP base.

++I expect total obstruction on any Obama nominee for the judiciary.

++I expect increases in military spending.

++I expect the GOP will not score bills with the CBO.

++I expect there will be no Pay-Go as Democrats used to do.

++I do not expect any reforms of the NSA or CIA.

++I do not expect the CIA torture report will ever see the light of day.

++I do not expect anything on climate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment