Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Tansgivukkah

**This the holiday where the Indians and Jews ate potato lattkes and kvetched about the settlers. This is a better,improved holiday because traditional Thanksgiving was how the Indians fed the Pilgrims and then the Pilgrims exterminated their hosts. Here at least you have a good Jewish holiday thrown in. Make sure the Turkey is kosher.

**I'm thankful this day for having a Pilgrim President, descended from those forefathers and foremothers, who has kept his promises to the native American community.

**I'm also thankful for Obamacare for both my family's health security and for poorer Americans who will benefit from Medicaid expansion in the Union states.

**I'm also thankful to all musicians who keep on keeping on. I'm particularly thankful to my son and all his friends who keep making the music of this century while struggling to make a living.

**I'm thankful that our last war is winding down and we might have a space of a nanosecond until the next one.

**I'm thankful to all those who struggle in the fight for peace, national reconciliation and upholding basic human rights.

**I'm thankful to the progress this country has made for justice in the area of the LBGT rights.

**I'm thankful to all writers,poets and scholars who keep re-imagining the world through words and discovering new things about our history and our consciousness.

**I'm thankful for the Macy's Day Parade because Senator Cruz failed in his attempt to eliminate helium.

**I'm thankful for a President who constantly shows superb judgment despite the constant barrage of provocations against him.

**I'm thankful Congress is out of session.


No comments:

Post a Comment