Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Very Strange

++It is very strange to see contenders for the GOP presidential nomination come out against vaccinations. And these were the same people who were petrified about the Ebola virus. Chris Christie came out for "voluntary" vaccinations. Rand Paul said vaccinations caused severe mental diseases. The last I looked we were in the 21st century. I guess not. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rand Paul call for bloodletting as an acceptable medical practice. 

++Roald Dahl wrote a moving op-ed at Huffington Post advocating vaccines because his daughter died from measles. 

++Meanwhile President Obama made sure he was photographed getting a vaccine. 

++Today he is hosting beneficiaries of Obamacare just as the House is voting once again to repeal it.
The White House finally made it explicit about what the stakes are. It's not just for those people who might get tax subsidies for their care. Any repeal affects all of us with private health insurance and Medicare. That's 250 million people, not just the 5-10 million often mentioned concerning the SCOTUS case. 

++You would be back to "pre-existing" conditions,adult children tossed off their health care,no preventative care,no caps on health insurance profits,and the list goes on. Remember the pre-Obamacare days when people were denied operations because their algorithm didn't fit. I do. People were actually in the operating room when health insurance companies would not OK an operation. I came dangerously close to this for my eye operation until the surgeon interfered. Otherwise I would be blind.

++We still have medical bankruptcies in this country. So many that these are not included in your FICO rating. Under the last administration, it was epidemic. The same goes for premium hikes. Under the Bush administration, I had to junk my health insurance because it cost more than my mortgage. My family only got it because my wife taught. 

++There really is a point where these anti-Obamacare congress critters are nuts. But if they are anti-vaccine also,why should they even want health insurance?

No comments:

Post a Comment