Wednesday, May 28, 2014

You Fasten the Trigger for Others To Fire

++Glenn Greenwald in his new book referred to the bellicose nature of the Washington Post. I thought it was just I've become intemperate in my old age.

++But Martin Longman at Washington Monthly just posted a piece with the above title and a withering critique of the Post's impulse to war. He points out that no one at the Post who advocates endless deployments of our troops have ever been to war. 

++He then eviscerates Charles Krauthammer for his characterization of the Afghanistan withdrawal as a symptom of "Obama's narcissism".

++In his West Point speech, Obama did say the United States should lead the world but not succumb to the temptation of rushing to war.

++I am surprised that bloggers are getting hip to the Post's War Jones. I find it unsettling on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment