Saturday, April 18, 2015

Rock And Roll Hall of Fame

++My pick--the great Stevie Ray Vaughn, a guitarist I discovered late in my rock life.

++Green Day--I liked them back in the 90s.

++Lou Reed--I liked him but my old friend Doug Payne thought he was an asshole when we saw Reed at CBGB's.

++Joan Jett--never lit my fire.

++Ringo--The one and only Ringo, who said he never missed a beat straight or sober. He was inducted as a member of the Beatles but now as a solo artist. 

++I actually thought this year's group was better than the last few. I thought Dave Grohl was being inducted. Foo-Fighters is playing a benefit for the Record Store in Grohl's birthplace in Ohio. Totally adhoc,they called the Record Store and said we're going to play next door, you get the proceeds. 

++Dave Grohl spent my son's high school years living around us in Arlandria, which is a name of his song. Known to be a cool guy and supports the local artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment