Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I Voted in North Virginia

++My congressman is Jim Moran,who is retiring this year. This means next year I can't say," My congressman can beat up your congressman any more." The last time punches were thrown was when Moran defended his staff from  tea baggers that flooded his office in protest of Obamacare. 

++When he voted for Obamacare, I called his office to thank him since Congresscritters don't receive much thanks. His staff was stunned that I was calling to thank him and not blast him.

++Today,we had a wide array of candidates. One of which was a fellow classmate of mine at Williams College--Don Beyer of Suburu fame. The Imperial Post backs Don and he has very deep pockets. Other candidates include my mayor in Alexandria, and several other state officials.

++But wherever you are--Vote. Vote as if it is your last because that day may come.

No comments:

Post a Comment