Friday, January 2, 2015

R.I.P. My Ford Escape 2008

++The car that President Obama owns and I bought in 2013 died today after its collision with a young man's Camry on December 22nd. I actually tried to have it fixed but the insurance company wouldn't allow it. They claimed the damage was too much. It was a great V-6 which got good mileage.

++The Ford Escape took my son on all his cross-country tours in the last 18 months and his last tour of the Northeast. It saw more musical venues than I and travelled through more of the country than i have. I liked it and honor its role in kicking off a young musician's career. I'll miss it.

++Having sold my Element which launched my son's high school rock group "Shapes not Sounds", my wife and I are left with Zipcars.

++I guess it marks a horrible end to a wretched year.

No comments:

Post a Comment