Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Tremendous Personal Disappointment

++ I had dreams. I approached Howard Dean--he of the 50 state strategy- two years ago and asked whether he would sponsor me for citizenship in Vermont when the state had single payer healthcare. Remember we faced the prospect of the Cooch becoming governor and the fascist flay flying over Richmond. 

++I was thrilled when the state announced they would be adopting single-payer in 2017. 

++After his narrow victory this year, Governor Peter Shumlin announced he was delaying the single-payer system because the financial plan came in and meant he would have to raise taxes. Crushed. I am outraged. A bitter pill to swallow. No passport with the Green Mountain Boys on the cover. No covert meetings with Bill McKibben. My hopes and dreams are crushed.

++By the way, Vermont has one of the country's best healthcare systems and would only have gotten better with single-payer.

No comments:

Post a Comment