Saturday, December 27, 2014

Two Things to Look Forward to in 2015

++In my quest for great Retro, I offer these two great products for 2015. My son types on a 1935 Remington, which always amuses people, but I am working on an Apple Laptop which is dying and has a jerry-rigged keyboard.

++So what better than two new types of typewriters. Today';s Wall Street Journal features the "Hemingwrite", which has the acoustic pleasures of a manual typewriter. Created by a software developer and MIT mechanical engineering graduate, it comes with a four week battery life and an aluminum bodied 4 lb machine that saves your work to Evernote,Google Drive,and ICloud via WI-FI. Financed by a Kickstarter campaign, yopu can pre-order it in January for $399 and expect delivery in September.

++Another Kickstarter campaign funded Qwerkywriter, the creation of a 43-tear old video game developer. It has a mechanical keyboard inspired by Smith-Corona Junior and the Remington Rand portable. Models can be pre-ordered now at $309 for August delivery.

++With my luck,I'll order one and it's turn out to be another Sinclair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment